Each Patron has the right to expect that:
- Clean disposable gloves are worn by the tattooist at all times while tattooing.
- Hands are washed for 15 to 20 seconds with soap and running water immediately before putting on clean gloves and immediately after removing gloves (hands will be dried with single use towels).
- The area to be tattooed should be shaved and the razor disposed of after each use.
- All needles for tattooing are to be sterile and disposable.
- All reusable tubes are cleaned, placed in a single-use package, and sterilized.
- Single-use containers are used for each dye (pigment).
- A tattoo CAN NOT be given in living areas or in a room next to a living area.
- NO animals, except dogs for the blind and people requiring assistance and patrol dogs, are allowed in the same area of tattoo work.
- Eating, drinking, smoking or using make-up are not allowed in the same work are of a tattoo person.
- Working areas and equipment are cleaned after every person with an approved cleaner.
- The person who is giving the tattoo should not be sick (tattoo artists with diarrhea, vomiting, fever over 100 degrees, rash, coughing, jaundice (yellow skin), or drainage from an open wound may not do tattooing.
If you would like to register a complaint, call either your local health department or the Tattoo Coordinator at the Indiana State Department of Health (317) 233.7125